PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine quit late downwind at Bankstown 6/6/09
Old 25th Jun 2009, 08:24
redleader78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling hmmm My memory always remembered it as a relationship to a reynolds number of the apparent flow. But maybe my memory is falling. Don't have my copy of andersons on me but I vaguely remember seeing Coefficient of Lift vs aoa graphs that vary depending on the reynolds number of the flow. Mind you that i know is predominadetly a sizing issue but does take into account the energy of the flow. It did change the point that the aerofoil stalled.

hmmmm As einstein says things are just all relative. Is light a particle or wave. Depends on the reference frame. I think the reference frame is in this situation who cares whether the pilot stalled it, had a high sink rate, out come was positive and yes probably even may choose other things if in the same situation. The real lesson here is I think just continue to fly the aircraft all the way to the ground. Even in a stall or high sink rate the pilot continued to fly the plane to the ground. It might not have looked pretty but was accurate in achieving the ultimate goal. Survival!!! So maybe individuals who label criticism here that is not constructive I would suggest stick to your navel and wonder how the fluff gets their

Last edited by redleader78; 25th Jun 2009 at 08:38. Reason: Distinction and being pedantic between coefficient and real lift