PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Story!
Thread: My Story!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 07:45
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 65 and it makes me sick to hear of parents trying to decide careers for their children. One of my sons has a very well-paid job, nice home and family. My other son has a very poorly paid job and still lives at home with us; he's 37. We have never ever tried to influence them regarding jobs. We helped them when they were young, e.g paid lodging fees for Uni, etc., but always let them make the decisions. They are both well-adjusted, decent human beings who don't smoke, drink heavily or "do" drugs and both are as contented as anyone I've met. For my wife and I, that's all we would ever want.

Happiness in a job is ten million more times important than status or potential earnings. I've met many people who hated their jobs, even though they were well paid and enjoyed "status" (whatever that means).

YOU make the decisions, Sky Scratcher. If you are mature enough and intelligent enough to do well at school you should be capable of making up your mind what you want to do in life, whether it's piloting a Jumbo or sweeping the streets.