PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Airbus A320 or Boeing 737 rating help me find a better job placement?
Old 25th Jun 2009, 04:04
MaintainYourHeading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same line of advises

As everybody said, you are so young ! I'm 27 and would love to have 500 almost only on twin Otters !! Now what will surely make a difference is PIC time. Until you have that I doubt anyone in our present market will look at your resume.

As it was said previously, you already have a job at 20 flying twin Otters !! I have a good friend of mine that tried to get a twin otter job in the Maldives for over 4 years now, it's his dream !!! Stay where you are, and try to get on the left seat and get your PIC time on the twin up to 1000 or 1500 hours PIC !!!! Then when the market is better if you have spare money then you can think of your next move. Your life is ahead of you ! I am working now with a retired Lufthansa Captain, he flew 30 for the company... got hands on 727, 707, 320, 300 and 340 !!!!! If your dream is a career in the airlines, don't worry, 20 years old gives you all the time in the world to accomplish a beautiful career with a carrier !!! Enjoy what you have now... besides I can assure you that you will never find with the airlines the fun you are having now on twin otters !!!!!!!!

However ... if you find today a promise of employment under the condition you get your type by yourself then go for it. I have heard of a few airlines that offered a contract as long as you went and got a type rating first. If you are lucky to get hands on such an offer then sure why not !!! Otherwise, follow the advises given in all the previous posts, it will pay off quickly !

I have 2000 hours PIC, all piston, 500 hours piston twin
If you get 1500 hours, including say 1300 PIC, all turbo prop twin otter and we apply for the same job, who do you think would get looked at twice ?