PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 02:35
Edenspace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be very honest, I just hope to help others get ready for it. Please drink coffee, wash face right before test, etc.

For those self employed like me it would be a good idea (if not already doing this) to practice waking up at 7am and staying alert till lunchtime to build up stamina. I did this everyday for 1 week ahead cos my usual schedule starts at 9am only.

Although I feel that perhaps inherent personality and presence are also vital if not the most important part of the SIA Cadet Pilot selection process (this is probably where I fail, haha haha. Lack leadership presence)

@Wingsteer, I don't mean to sound sarcastic but I have all but given up my dreams for professional flying. So far my only "hope" is to visit Sg Pools on Mon and Thurs to see if my $1 Quick Pick application can result in a 'scholarship award' for me to attend flying college. (this sounds cheeky but i'm dead serious about it!)

Mean while, at most, I'll pick up a PPL, maybe attend those $100 hamburgers. Less stress also. Since I enjoy flying and can't do it professionally I'd might as well enjoy it 100% for myself. No one to come and 'kan' me, with instructors I'll be a paying client also. No need to feel beholden to anyone.

Cheers.