PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 23:54
CJayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somehow I don't think you'll back down on this arguement and I believe it's because you feel you've performed 'under par' when it comes to the DST questions...if I were you, just so you know, (because that's what half this problem is about, so I'll give you the heads up to stop the complaining later on) there will be MORE DST questions at Stage 2 so start practising now. Just in case NATS don't tell you to.

As I mentioned before, I was in the same boat! Funnily enough, everyone who has been through this process has been in the same boat. We ALL had the questions sprung on us, not one of us would have known the DST questions were there (unless we'd been through the recruitment process before), so why should it be any different when NATS have succeeded in getting the TATCOs that they wanted in the first place? Their process is working.

Of course it's about whether you can/cannot solve the DST questions! You'll be doing that every day in your job to work out speeds, distances and funnily enough, times! But that goes hand in hand with all the other information that you were told to learn in the Stage 1 handout. Plus all the stuff for Stage 2....then there is Stage 3 and so on and so forth.

why should somone who wants to be an ATCO learn material never seen before, and allocate a fare amount of time in order to do so
The reason why someone who wants to be an ATCO should learn material never seen before is because the information is related to the job they are hoping to be selected for!!