PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 22:28
tquehl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

Testpanel,

So, you are the preiminitent expert on pilot training, pilot evaluation in checking events and you wonder where the industry is going? I have been an evaluator in US 14 CFR 121 operations since 1992, including examiner for ATP/ATPL and instrument ratings in heavy jet airplanes.

In my humble opinion AF would never crew the flight deck with other than fully qualifed pilots for the position they served in. This is in accordance with required training. At least two, if not all were fully type rated and current on the airplane. The differention between Captain and First Officer is blured in the general public. A Captain is nothing more or less than a highly qualifed and experienced pilot designated as Pilot in Command in US FAA language. He is in absolute control, but he can designate. Very similar to when I go take a piss inflight and announce "Captain is off the bridge, FO has the Con" This is just for fun

FOs upgrade to Captain hourly on a world clock. Does this make them less competant as a PIC? I highly doubt this. I truly understand the search for knowledge on this forum, but some of the participants on this forum require me to just ignore, stand back and hope the true aviators set up a restricted message string.

Over