View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 21:50
T250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCNoob:
Very well said!!!

Wannabe ATCO:
OMG ATCKnob you r such a brown-nose!
Wow, I doubt if you actually pass the stage 1 tests, (which your ego seems to reckon is highly likely! ) then I doubt you'll pass the OPQ, hopefully it'll weed you out as a previous member stated!

someone who only read the material given once could have passed the motivation paper- which is why i felt it was a waste..
Unfortunately that is the way that NATS are conducting the ATCO selection now, much less emphasis on actual ATC knowledge/content, more on raw aptitude and competencies, however its something you have to accept, oh of course, that is if you want the job!

This process as a result could in fact penalise those who have put a great deal of effort and are Highly motivated to be an ATCO, yet miss out due to being thrown off by an unexpected turn of events...
Surely anyone intending to become an ATCO should expect the unexpected?? Or put it another way, one key quality of ATCOs is adaptability/flexibility so why not practice such a quality now??

Its just trickery - which is fair if that is the purpose intended (which i doubt)... or incompetence by distrubuting out of date information on HR's part..
Ermmm, no not trickery exactly, just adapting the tests so that NATS HR find the very best candidates with the best aptitude. To be honest, I would not care if they varied the tests at stage 1 as if you've got the aptitude you'll be fine....maybe as you're so concerned you don't?
You'll also find that many years ago, NATS HR provided very little information about what tests to expect - so be grateful you knew anything prior to your tests!!

either way it is disgraceful..
I'm sure a lot of members/candidates in the selection process right now feel the same way about your outburst!