PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots jobs/ renewals or FI(R) course
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 21:48
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI(R)

yep, your very correct.
i have been emailing lots of flying schools to find out if they are taking on new FI (R) pilots. all of them so far have said they are not recuiting FI at the moment.
i even contacted cleveland flying who look like they are recuiting FI(R) pilots, but i spoke to the CFI and he said its a database on the internet. they are full at the moment unless any pilot leave. unlikely in the down turn.
the only good thing, is that people may look at doing courses lower than a JAA PPL that has just come about, where they can get a pilot licence in 15hours but only in the local area. good for instructors, because people maybe able to find the cost to do the course, instead of doing it the easilier and cheaper way of doing a JAA PPL in the states.

I will be renewing my IR rating in a simulator, because it will be quick, cheaper than flying the routes in the air. not sure if i will renew my MEP rating? because i will have to fly and thats costly?, but i do fly every month (SEP) to keep current.
this is why i am still looking at FI(R) could be cheaper in the long run, but thats only if i get a job!!!! and there are 4/5 schools on my aerodrome, full with instructors at the moment...