PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 21st May 2002, 18:52
boiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icarus,

I do not have to fear for my job because I do not work for GF (I think you are the one who is paranoid, not me). I do admit that I do have a lot of people that I know who work in scheduling and in the forecasting departments and I get daily updates from them. I am also well aquainted with the person who is calibrating APM (as you have correctly stated). If I am not mistaken, he is an American with a Ph.D. in transportation engineering and have met him on several occasions in Paris (where the APM people have regular conferences). So, do you still think that person is incapable' of calibrating and using the tool properly? Get your info straight. Do you really think that 20 world class airlines who have this system are so stupid to keep APM when there are better products in the market? Get real! As for the schedules being expensive, maybe it is because of your overblown salary? As I have mentioned before, yield is MAJOR factor in the problems of GF. Competition from QR, EK, and other airlines has affected GF tremendously. Some airlines in this region have not played by the rules (so to speak) and charge far less than the agreed upon rates that is set by these airlines themselves. What about the times has GF been forced to go to certain destinations because of political pressure (by the CEO or otherwise)? What about the the Omani CEO was able to get away with millions without anyone standing in his way? What about the owner states Oman and Qatar themselves helping WY and QR while stabbing GF in the back? So, look at the bigger picture. Like it or not, there are people in scheduling who know their business and it is pretty sad to see you insult them the way you do when you yourself admitted have no experience in this issue.

As I have told you before, I challenge you to get the full picture from the people who know. Have the courage to go visit the people you hate so much. You might be enlightened.

Last edited by boiler; 21st May 2002 at 20:14.