PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Aviation Academy (Bahrain)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 18:39
Che Guevara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the role of Mumtalkat in this scheme?!... They are the owner of Gulf Air and I think they should grantee a job for the cadets other wise it is a waste of time
Interesting thoughts...

In this business (flying) there are no gurantees, you have to prove your abilities. It is the only game in the world where your licence, or job if you like, is on the line every 6 months. Secondly, your own life and those of your passengers are also on the line if you get it wrong, in other words beyond the percieved glamour, there is a serious amount of responsibility and hard work required that remains throughout your career.

So, as a potential pilot the above should be clearly understood. There are no freebies, its pass or fail. Furthermore, if anyone is considering borrowing 60,000 dinars to pay for their training because of a flashy brochure, I suggest they think very carefully about what they are tieing themselves into and their motivations for wanting the job.

Is it a good job, yes it's a great job.
Is it glamourous, no.
Is it easy, no.
Is it hard work, yes.
What happens if you loose medical peranently, you loose your licence and job permanentally, no matter how much you paid for it.

My advice to you guys to open your eyes clearly before going to adventure that full of chaos.
Probably the best thing you said was to 'open your eyes', in other words be careful, the only gurantee is that you will have to pay back the loan regardless of how successful you are.

Good luck to all.