PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Tests and Proficiency Checks - Astonishing new paperwork......
Old 21st May 2002, 18:15
BEagle

Received 343 Likes on 119 Posts
Skill Tests and Proficiency Checks - Astonishing new paperwork......

I have just come across what must be the most absurd product of the Belgrano inmates ever. There is a new 8 page form out called the 'SRG\1119 - Skill Tests and Proficiency Checks for Aeroplane Type/Class Ratings - Application and Report'. This is obviously intended to replace the usual forms (which were bad enough) - and it has to be used for the initial/revalidation/renewal flights for Type/Class ratings AND the revalidation by experience of a Single Engine Piston or Touring Motor Glider Class Rating.

The form itself is riddled with errors e.g. 'Registration/STD code' and 'Block Hours' are in the 'Examiner' section, not the 'Application' section, the 'Certificate of Course Completion' has some errors in the 'Course Details' section, Pages 3 to 6 are the 'MPA Type Rating, Skill Test and (presumably they mean 'or') Proficiency Check Schedule - Examiner's Record', however there is no equivalent SPA version. It contains the following gem 'Any of the practical training items may be included in the test/check of the examiner's discretion' - presumably they mean at the Examiner's discretion? But best of all, under 'Test Check Procedures' it states 'The applicant should pass all sections and items in the 2 attempts'. In JAR-speak, 'should' is only a recommendation - hence a lawyer would argue that the applicant is not required to pass the test at all!

There is no guidance to state what must be tested/assessed for SPA/SEP or any other SPA for that matter. I had to check the calendar as I thought this must be an April Fools' Day joke. Come on, CAA - this utter piece of poo must be withdrawn forthwith and substantially corrected and whoever drafted it should be relieved of their responsibility. I'd gladly volunteer to do the work for you - at a consultancy fee of £300 per hour plus expenses........