PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine quit late downwind at Bankstown 6/6/09
Old 24th Jun 2009, 16:32
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had written a reply, but ahhh fcukit. its really not worth it.. people usually pay me for my flying and advice.
Ah so you wrote a reply, deleted it, and then wrote another to tell us that writing the first one wasn't worth it? As the Kiwi beer ad goes... yeah, right...

Can't imagine anyone paying you for the crap you have come up with so far, but, you know, a fool and his money are easily parted, so maybe it's true... maybe... but you would really be better off manning up and admitting your error.

GG

OK well you say potato, I say the other thing. In the context of the incident we are talking about, you yourself said "from my comfy chair he just had a high sink rate as he ran out of energy extending the glide", so you clearly agree that he was running out of energy. The point on which we differ is whether he stalled or whether he somehow developed a high sink rate for some other reason. As there is no evidence that I can see that there is any reason for a high sink rate to develop, I'm going to go for the stall scenario as it seems a lot more likely. Neither of us are ever going to to know for sure. The main point is that he did run out of energy (and control) before he flopped it on.

Good to see they at least taught you a sense of humour
You have to have a sense of humour when explaining aviation to Ozmates, otherwise you go mad...