PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 21st May 2002, 17:44
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I openely admit I am not a schedules expert, but I will also state that you do not have to be to see the rubbish produced over the years in GF.
The GF schedule is inadequate and horrendously expensive, terribly inefficient. This is the root cause of the losses incurred by GF. Bad scheduling and the roll on from that! Very little else has contributed in that manner, other than chasing everything in the market and excusing the behaviour by stating that we operate in volatile markets. Bull****! We create the volitility ourselves by chasing every last sales opportunity without any regard to cost of sales and other additional expenses instead of deciding exectly what market we want and sticking with it to maximum exploitation.

As for a certain American companies sofware products, HA! They would sell you their Grandmothers if they had to!
As for the product, I am fully aware of MIDT and APM calibration, I am also aware that there are far better products in the market to. Other than that I do not believe GF has 'capable' personnel to use it properly either. Perhaps you are one of them??

It sounds very much like you (Boilermaker) are one of the people involved in all of this, what's up, SH&E breathing down your neck, exposing you even? Afraid for your job now?

Last edited by Icarus; 21st May 2002 at 17:56.