PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A400 Doomed?
Thread: A400 Doomed?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 14:42
Jig Peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Software standards ...

For some reason, the team at Europrop says it didn't know that their engine had to meet military certification requirements rather than civil. Although the engine seems to be meeting performance goals - even (nearly) weight - the software (or the paperwork accompanying it) needs to be re-written in a form the civil authorities will accept. And that software is said to be even more complicated than what's in an A380 ...
Although destined for military applications, the aircraft will be certificated to full civil standards (why ?).
I type all this with a big "It says here" bubble over my head, of course, but who am I (or anybody outside the organisation(s) concerned to talk ???

Generic slamming of Airbus Military is just an extension of the old, old "Airbus bad, Boeing good" mantra, which got nobody anywhere - and speaking of the "B" company, worrabaht the latest drama for the 787 then ???

Last edited by Jig Peter; 24th Jun 2009 at 14:48. Reason: Whoops - got me sodgers and civvies mixed up ... Sorreee