PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 13:16
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are facing the biggest threat to our way of life ever.
Means: Everyone else can do the cost saving as long as we are not affected.

Proportionally, BA are expecting Cabin Crew to give much much more than all other areas put together.
Means: We have managed to put this off for so many years now by bullying the company with IA that the fall is going to hit really, really, really hard. Good idiom: If you continually put off the service on your car, when you eventually get it done the bill is going to be huge!

Today BASSA are preparing a counter offer, which we hope to present to the company later in the week but the gap between us at present is large enough to fly a fleet of jumbos through it and whether that gap can be closed enough to satisfy all areas will be a gargantuan task.
Means: Oooops! We've left this one too late again and the management aren't falling for our normal bluster! Looks like we might actually need to negotiate some give (what does that word mean again?) and take. Hang on until the 6th while we try and figure out how to do it?

BASSA and you the membership face our biggest challenge by far - this challenge can be overcome but only by everyone standing up and facing it together.
Means: We've screwed up! Perhaps if we BASSA had bothered to listen to other unions in the first place we could have prevented this but now we can't so, over to you, the membership.

Another massive turn out on July 6th will be an important step in the right direction.
Means: After the deadline so we can tell you what the company are going to impose as we were too incompetent to negotiate on your behalf.

To be honest surely BASSA should have seen this coming? This thread alone is the third on Project Columbus is it not? The rumours were abound over a year ago.

CC you have been right royally shafted and sold down the river by your 'representatives' and I use the term loosely as I am aware the BASSA doesn't seem to represent the views of that many CC any more.

Quite what should be discussed at Kempton on the 6th is beyond me as the deadline for discussion is past. Amazing that no details about your future, or the 'nitty gritty' can be discussed outside of fortress BASSA until your ability to influence it is gone? Representation of members? I think not.

SP I'm sure will have a different spin.