PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 24th Jun 2009, 11:10
iranair777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
I am currently 17 (18 in about 2 weeks) and have already done 2 years of AS levels, one year at Twyford C of E high school (failed that year) and tried again this year at Uxbridge college (at the moment going quite well). I've chosen Physics, Maths and ICT for AS and A2. In my january exams in Uxbridge, I got a CCA (A being ICT). I think/hope I have got anything about a C in the summer exams that I've done so I can go onto A2. My GCSE grades are also good with 5 B's in important subjects (including Geography) and C's in other uniportant subjects.
What we have started doing is applying for University. I at the moment have Kingston and Brunel on my list of potential universities I want to go to, but I still have to find a definite list on the web of universities which do Pilot studies which includes getting a ATPL.
What I need to know (as well as the above) Is the Kingston university course a good one and if I don't pass my A2, will I still be able to apply or have any other educational route to get into a pilot studies course?

I am intending to follow my dream whatever happens, but it will be easier (and cheaper) If I do go to university to persue it.

Thanks