PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 09:32
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stall Pusher
There will not be an illegal strike and therefore no sackings. Why do you assume that?
Well there won't be a legal strike either! BASSA have already been caught fibbing to their members about the pilots deal, how do you think that will go down at the High Court when BA are trying to demonstrate how unreasonable BASSA have been? There probably won't be a sick-out either, as BA can quite legally announce anyone going sick over designated days will lose staff travel for a year. Besides, the current talks have a facility to escalate discussions to Tony McCarthy and the full time Unite reps. My money is on is on that happening next week and BASSA being bypassed completely. Unite know they can't contemplate a strike in the current climate.

Walsh has got form. He is a cost cutter, that's it.
Thats what this company needs.

why don't you look into why Walsh has failed to close the deal on Iberia?
Because we all know why? Caja Madrid are uneasy about Iberia being taken over by a foreign company and Iberia are worried we'll nick all their cash and put it in our pension fund. Which we will.

[quote]I could go on, but BA cannot afford Walsh. The reason why the share price is so low is because the market has a lack of confidence in HIM![quote]

Share price has been between £1.11 and £1.85 in the last few months. Maybe people have more confidence in him than you think. You can repeat the "people don't trust Walsh" mantra all you like, but it won't make it true. Personalising the argument won't make it go away.

If there is to be a reform of T&C's, it cannot happen in one go.
I'm afraid it's your union thats driven the timings. By refusing to reform for years you now have to face a large step change. Nobody else in the company will support you getting off lightly when everybody else has had to change for years.

I wonder how many crew are currently wishing CC89 were still around?