PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 08:59
Flap33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stall Pusher (and others), I hope that you have a back up plan for paying the bills after the demise of BA.

Let's assume BA cave in (highly unlikely IMHO) then we are at the will of the market, the city won't lend us money or support a rights issue based on us being in financial difficulties - would you put your savings into BA shares right now?? BA is finished.

Scenario 2, BASSA call a strike and we all have a few enforced days off. BA declare bankruptcy. BA is finished.

Scenario 3, BASSA call a strike but the support from CC crumbles after a couple of days, BA only allows crew to return to work on New Contracts. BASSA is finished.

Scenario 4, BASSA call a strike and the day before the phone lines at BA are red hot with crew calling in sick (a spineless act IMHO).

Scenario 5, BASSA get humiliated again (like last time) when negotiators from Unite tell them that they are behaving like children. BASSA is finished.

The way I see it, if BA win then you'll probably be looking for another job because you won't be able to stomach the revised T&Cs (those imposed by BA rather than negotiated by BASSA). Alternatively, BASSA win and we'll all be on the dole after insolvency.

It staggers me to say that you still can't see that you are being taken up the creek by BASSA, and they've forgotten to pack the paddle