PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 24th Jun 2009, 05:31
Bronx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vexed says
With all due respect to all posters, this thread has gone waaaaaay off topic. It was originally about the Cpt who got fired in Ryr.
Ain't that the truth.
He deliberately was a model pilot, ironically because he felt it protected him from being sacked
I've been waiting to see if any poster says the captain was FALSELY accused of encouraging Cabin Crew to join the T&G union and distributing membership forms in the company's time and on the flight deck and nobody has so far.
If it's true, surely he must have realized he was taking a big risk doing that on the flight deck and in the company's time?

If anyone's likely to know, it's The Grim Repa whose made 500 posts every one attacking Ryanair management. The Grim Repa posted the company's letter and added "any letter from ryanair management can contain elements of complete untruth" but he doesn't claim the captain was not doing the above.
I could understand handing out BALPA forms to pilots, but what was he doing handing out union forms to Cabin Crew?

Some here say the F/A who reported him was a Judas and a rat. Nobody likes folk who run off getting other people into trouble with management but to be fair we don't know what form the captain's "encouraging" took. Maybe the captain was abusing his position by putting pressure on staff lower down the food chain?
Maybe he wasn;t but I'm wondering because some of the pro union posters on this thread who spout off about freedom dignity respect etc dont show any respect to colleagues who don't agree with them and are very offensive about them. Claiming to believe in dignity and respect and freedom of thought is hypocritical if it only applies to people who think the same way as you.

Last edited by Bronx; 24th Jun 2009 at 07:04.