PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2009, 03:07
The_Hat_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Blackbird,

My psych was pretty straight forward, just asking things like how many close friends you have, how you relax, deal with stress, maybe your emotions at hard times in your life...just pretty much things like that, pretty straight forward, just be ready to answer with the truth,i dont think you really need to run many questions over in your mind.

The other interview though was at a much higher level. You really do have to know everything about the job, because they sit at the other end of the desk with a screen looking at the website, and so its from the defencejobs site that they ask a lot of things. The basics like why you want to be a pilot, what you can offer to the defence force, what leadership is, officer qualities, your leadership experience and such will be there. I pre thought all the question over in my head before going in, but my rehearsed answers weren't what they wanted so i spent a lot of time stumbling around answers and fixing them up basically they ask a lot about where your training is, what aircraft you will fly, for how long, pay and benefits. I was given 2 days notice of my assessment day, so just spent an entire day taking notes from defencejobs and the RAAF site, learning current operations and future plans of RAAF, basically everything i could. In the end i thought i had failed the interview big time, but somehow he said he saw too much potential to not let me through so i was recommended, im sure you will do fine. BTW i have little leadership experience so if your like me try an convince them you are still a good leader, and i just remembered try not to fidget around, just stay calm and dont act nervous or talk too fast- basically like any interview.