PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine quit late downwind at Bankstown 6/6/09
Old 24th Jun 2009, 02:16
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a steep turn by my definition is exceeding 45)
It is defined by everybody else as exceeding 30 degrees.

The guy was not even stalled... he just had a high sink rate as he ran out of energy extending the glide.
Yeah... that's called a stall...

Yes a stall can drop a wing but not very violently in a clean nil flap situation, you would more than likely get a slight nose drop that is easily corrected by increasing AS
I'm not sure whether that is a complete misunderstanding of what a stall is, or just really bad technique... please explain how you correct a "nose drop" by increasing airspeed...

PlankBender

Don't waste your time mate. I can see you mean well but arguing with some on here is just not worth the use of your brain cells. If it helps at all, you'd be more than welcome on my flight deck, at least you are thinking and you are demonstrating a far more professional approach to safety than some of the allegedly professional pilots you are arguing with. Your best bet is to avoid, throughout your training, the idiotic "they made it so nothing else matters" rationale on display here - a classic GA attitude. Some people just don't want to learn.