PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine quit late downwind at Bankstown 6/6/09
Old 24th Jun 2009, 01:38
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GG, if you explain to me for example the rapid left roll just before the landing I'll consider taking your experience seriously, otherwise you're just like Martin trying to pull rank as you've run out of arguments.
Sit back and watch a lighty come in mate, you'll see the wings picking up and dropping all the way down final, wind gusts, thermals, over correction by the pilot, excessive aileron use rather than rudder - list goes on. Yes a stall can drop a wing but not very violently in a clean nil flap situation, you would more than likely get a slight nose drop that is easily corrected by increasing AS. With the millions of variables that could explain the wing "dropping" a tad you can't call it a "fully developed stall" by even the most remote stretch of the imagination. Whats your issue with rank? you're going to get a rude shock when you fly under a captain thats for sure. Perhaps when you're an SO you'll be tapping the Captain on the shoulder to offer him some friendly advice on improving his stick and rudder?

And BTW, professional is an attitude, commercial is a license class that allows you to fly for reward.
Thats something a Flight Instructor will tell you, professional in my book means you get paid! There are plenty of cowboys out there, they still get paid