PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TC 'Terrifies' Passengers - The Press at their worst
Old 24th Jun 2009, 00:01
Chronistin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point wasn't about answering a question, it was about imparting information that not only would be of little relevence, but would also have the likely consequences involved with being easily misunderstood. The desire to know such things before a flight is irrelevant, since the passengers are not going to be a party to the dispatch status of the aircraft unless there are defects (such as exit doors) that directly require a passenger briefing.
I think the "desire to know" is part of being human - although I have to admit that, sadly, the "ability to understand" doesn't always come with it.

I've been on board during a few "non-incidents", one of them involving hysterical passengers getting off the plane. I stayed (with about 2/3rds of the pax) and did not raise a question because I DO trust in the pilots (and their wish to live on). However, I felt much better at such situations when a brief explanation of the problem was given as opposed to "We have a small problem" followed by, whenever, "Problem solved".