PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 23:04
albertofdz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALLSOUT, I understand your concern and it is clear that talking about unity makes you feel frightend, mainly due to the fact that you believe this may cause you to loose your job. However, if everybody was together in this fight (as you stated) then there would be no space for abusive managers.

Another uncomfortable truth is that, if a serious union was to be created within RYR, people like yourself would benefit from a battle that you chose to escape from, mainly due to unrealistic worries, and this is not fare. By unrealistic worries i mean that you would not be sacked if everybody was together in this.

Would you resign to a better situation in your company if these benefits were now yours thanks to all those who made a stand against the companies abusive ways? The answer is no, no you woud'nt. Therefore, insted of being so negative and talking about: United, Dignity and Respect dont pay the bills. get real etc etc. Its time for everybody to face the facts and make a decision, do we surender or do we simply demand our rights via a negotiating team, ie, Union...?

I agree with you in that many united pilots are asked to fly free, buts thats not our case is it? This company continues to grow and is very strong. So that excuse, im affraid, is just that, an excuse.

You wrote "If anyone with an ounce of sence wants to have this fight, they will chose to do it when other companies are on the up." To this i answer, if anyone has an ounce of sence, this fight will be taken on roight know, before this massive company turns into an empire, then it will be too late, and clever sentences like that will make us all very happy...... or miserable.

Stop looking for excuses, this is not about outwitting others in this forum, its about making a move before its too late.