PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS ATSA vacancy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 17:20
GhostUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I decided to contact the agency today regarding my application since I hadnt heard anything since the initial phone call a few weeks back. I just received an email back from them advising me that both the positions have now been filled and I didnt make it to the interview shortlist.

If I'm not even making it to the interview section then I seriously must be lacking in some vital exp or skills.

I'm posting a copy of my CV below, please poke as many holes in it as you can.

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

Guys please help me!!!.. I yearn not to be an optical dispenser for much longer..

MY CV (NOT IN THE CORRECT FORMAT OFCOURSE)

<MY NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS>

EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
April 2009: ASTAC Ltd
Subject include: Air Traffic Control Assistant Course (ATCA)
Qualifications: Awarded certificate of successful completion.

Sept 2002 – June 2003: <MY COLLEGE>
Subject include: A/S Biology
Qualifications:
• E Grade

Sept 1996 – 2001: <MY SECONDARY SCHOOL>
Subjects and Qualifications:
• Graphics – B
• English – C
• English Lit – C
• English (Speaking and listening) - B
• Math - C
• Information Systems – C
• Science (Double award) C, C
• Religious Education - C

WORK EXPERIENCE
June 2009 – Present: Optical Dispenser
Specsavers

April 2009 – June 2009: Locum Optical Dispenser

August 2002 – April 2009: Practice Manager / Senior Dispenser
Infocus Optometrists
Progression history;
Aug 02 – Sept 04: Optical assistant (P/T)
Sept 04 – Nov 06: Dispenser / Admin assistant (F/T)
Nov 06 – Dec 07: Senior Dispenser (F/T)
Dec 07 – Present: Practice Manager / Senior Dispenser (F/T)

December 2001 – August 2002: Optical assistant
Specsavers – Dalston, London.

SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
From a young age I have always held a passion for aviation, and very much hope to one day to become a fully qualified ATCO. Recently I completed an assistant air traffic controller’s course with ASTAC Ltd in Gloucestershire.
I am hoping the experience gained from the course will help my prospects of progressing in my future ATC career.

The experience gained with ASTAC Ltd was priceless; Not only because I was learning from a veteran ATCO but as the course also took place in the center of a fully running airport; Gloucestershire Airport (GLO) with access to the ATC tower I was able to gain a basic insight into the practical role of the air traffic service assistant.

The week long ATSA course highlighted the practical role and responsibilities of an assistant controller. It gave me a good foundation of many of the basic techniques an ATSA will need including; Navigation and map techniques, flight plans, understanding of airspace restrictions charts & danger areas, usage of the AFTN, NOTAMS, basic R/T techniques and even some ATC simulator practice.

I currently work as an optical dispenser. I have gained a range of skills and experience attained from working in this field over the last 7 years.

Duties including;
• Sales
• Dispensing
• Customer services
• General reception duties
• Advertising
• Administrative tasks
• Accounting and remittance
• Ordering
• Troubleshooting
• Organizing staff roster’s
• Team co-ordination
• IT System administration for the opticians network of stores

Due to the nature of my career; working with patients from all walks of life my temperament is excellent and I thrive on working within a pressured environment.

During my opticians career I quickly rose from the position of optical assistant to senior dispenser, and was recently promoted to practice manager.

I currently hold a full clean UK drivers license as well as a motorcycle CBT.

<MY 2 REFEREES - BOTH OPTICAL MANAGERS>