PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 16:54
albertofdz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is indeed a very serious matter.

RYR staff, and that is ALL staff, not just pilots, are constantly under supervision.

If any member of this company dares to talk about union, and these discussions end up in the wrong ears, we all know how it all ends up....., forget the work shifts, forget the pay etc, this reason alone is more than enough for the whole staff of this company to make a stand, and i meen 100% of the staff.

Apparantly RYR workers are to certain person like oranges, oranges that will be squeezed until no juice is left in them. Kind of reminds me of the black people collecting cotton in the USA (no offence please, it is a constructive comparison).

Why are some people so concerned about uniting? It is neccessary to unite, manageres need to be "educated", they need to be taught that we are human beings and that if we disagree with them, they have to listen to our thoughts, this enhances safety because it makes our workplace a happier one, it makes us want to have our company rocketing ski high...

Essentialy, what im trying to express is that im very concerned when i read peoples excuses about why uiniting is not "wsie".

Lets be realistic, is every body happy at RYR? Would someone change certain "things" ata RYR?

Getting together an showing the company that the workers are united benefits both, because form then on, company and workers can sit at the same table and NEGOTIATE. Here nothing is negotiated, what i say is law, if you dont like it the FU, theres the door.

So for those that defend that a union is not needed, please, think it over, you are not being truthful with yourself, and let me add something, the more powerful this company becomes, the less powerful the workers, until eventually we will feel our head between the tarmac and somebodies opresing boot. This may sound like some crazy propaganda, but, think it over, maybe its not such a foolish thought.

For those who think unions are only designed to milk the company and benefit the workers, let me tell you, i used to think the same, but now i know for sure that i was completely mistaken. We are vulnerable and fragile against RYR managing staff.

I dont want anything in particular, just to have a proper defense against abuse.

I think we all do, but some of us are affraid, and disguise this with excuses as to why uniting is not a good idea. In order to be free, we MUST all be together, ALL on the same boat.

Last of all, just incase anybody feels like calling me a terrorist, maybe you are on the wrong forum, this is a pilots forum were we try to make each one and others life better.

Remember, this is not about milking the company, because it feeds many of us, its about having the chance to be heard and respected and treated as deserved not as desired.

Sorry for writting such a long thread, and about any possible spelling/gramatical mistakes. This is not my mother language.