PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 09:45
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
PJ2:
Now it makes sense to talk about a "cabin rate of climb/descent" and one can readily see now why a cabin rate of climb of "1800fpm" up or down, is not only excessive, it is an indication that the CPC is not able to control cabin pressure, for whatever reason.
[...]
We cannot know the full meaning, (ie, was this a depressurization, a CPC fault or...?) of the advisory but we do know that at some point the fuselage/cabin structure was compromised/breaking up, at some point between 350 and sea level.
[...]
ACLS65:
Do you know if the ACARS msg corresponds to the Max Differential Pressure Limiter Function limit being hit or Cabin V/S 1800+-fpm?
Unless I have missed the interpretation of the ATA code somewhere, no, I don't think it corresponds to anything except the advisory message. Someone?
This item is described by Eurocockpit.com (they have the full ACARS headers and content) as being a CABIN VERTICAL SPEED advisory.
Check this page (scroll down for the English text):
Eurocockpit - Archives

I don't fully understand why Goodrich would say that the pitots probes are also sending data for the cabin pressure controler (and for engine monitoring) when I understand that such system would use the static pressure instead of the total pressure in order to control the pressurisation (Cabin delta P). Moreover, the pressurization schema is pointing ADIR 1+2+3 for the controler data.

It looks like each pitot probe is coupled with two static ports, then if the pitot probe is faulty, the static ports data are considered faulty also?
Or, not only the pitots probes were frozen but also the static ports?
In fact, if the static ports were considered faulty, all the sequence would make much more sense. In the Air Caraibes case, the sequence start with the TAT probes freezing before the AIS, Altitude, ADRs went nuts.

S~
Olivier