PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 07:53
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Briefly back in to point out a touch of hypocrisy.
Originally Posted by Cazatou
I may be wrong - has anyone ever asked Lt K who did the initial planning?
May I recommend some advice given to me by someone called Cazatou in post #4884?
BOAC

Your Post 4881

"I understand the planner to have been an RN Pilot. Was he ever interviewed by the Board?"

That clearly indicates to me, and I expect to others, that you have not actually read the BOI, nor these threads which stretch back some eight years.

Do you not think it would be sensible to rectify that omission before leaping in and pontificating on possible factors bearing on the tragedy? With nearly a decade of discussion to digest you may just find the answers you seek.

Enter the Archives and select "Chinook - Hit Back Here".
Simple really, good advice. He either was or was not asked. If you are asking about an informal 'chat' - hardly evidence, is it?

EDIT to add:
Thank you Dalek for that very basic lesson in low-level nav that seems to escape some of our contributors. As far as I am concerned, there could have been a circle right around the headland of the Mull as a TP and it would not have mattered a jot for normal nav, but the lighthouse would indeed have been my ballpark. As for planning to 'skim' 300' over the top in IMC...............................who are these posters?

Last edited by BOAC; 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:46.