PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 21st May 2002, 13:06
boiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there is anyone ignorant about the schedules and models, it must be you. All you do is blame the schedules and nothing else, while we all know it is much much more than that. If you are such an expert about schedules, why didn't you become a scheduler and solve GF's problems? Instead, why don't you visit the people on the third floor and sit with them for a few minutes so you can get a clear picture as to what they do, the tools they use, and all the sh** they have to deal with everyday. To say that GF's profitability models are not built for this region is crap (I never said or implied that to begin with). The models (which as I understand are used in 20 other airlines around the world) are carefully calibrated to make sure it gives accurate forecats (profits or loss) when compared to MIDT and internal GF data. You obviously know jack Icarus!! It seems to me that your lack of knowledge and closed mind is part of the problem just like all the other people you claim are causing the demise of the airline. As for keeping the topic in the archives, just save or print the webpage smarty.

Last edited by boiler; 21st May 2002 at 14:57.