PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scab Notice
Thread: Scab Notice
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 12:49
pilotabroad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

bengi25

I don't really feel like writing anything to someone who takes such a counterproductive approach to those who ignore the ban. Your childish namecalling won't convert anyone to your point of view. Constructive conversation might.

I think you miss the point of what many think is so wrong with this dispute and ban. The Cathay AoA members are doing NOTHING effective to acheive their objectives. They are daily reducing the proportion of pilots who are AoA members. They have being legally out smarted by the company at every turn. They now ask junior pilots not to take (for many) a great and possibly only career break, whilst taking promotions themselves. Perhaps the new joiners would take the AoA/IFALPA ban more seriously if they saw the CPA pilots doing the same.

Unions in the past may have achieved much for workers. The AoA has achieved nothing and now asks it members to do nothing (effective or risky). If the AoA leadership (a core of 49ers) thought they could effectivly intimidate direct entry Capts and F/Os, then maybe there would be a promotion ban. Leave the kids alone! Give them a break, unless you are also prepared to do what you ask of them. I suspect another reason for the AoA not placing a ban on promotions, is that it would not work. It would be broken by enough of the membership to break the union....