PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/I's with PPLS
Thread: F/I's with PPLS
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 12:28
Icarus2001

Received 259 Likes on 113 Posts
Okay 429 CJ, my shout.

There are quite a few people out there who own small fleets of aircraft and rent them out. No AOC is required for this. If person A rents out the aircraft to teach person B how to fly, for no reward (other than hours then I can's see CASA being interested.

The other point is we are looking at this from our (and CASA's) present mind set, things will change radidly if they get their way.

I should really be protecting the Instructor profession but I can see how this way work in their favour. Certainly the present system is unsustainable.

Yes I agree with the sentiments about poor instructors etc. I have trained plenty who were only there to build hours. Those that cared enough to learn their trade shine brightly.

The gliding instructor rouge fish is to illustrate the point that there are already areas in aviation where this operates. Would love to hear from overses pilots on this.

As to punctuation I take your point, although I think the "a" in front of "no remuneration policy" makes it clear-ish?