PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 00:46
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle
I don't wish to divert this thread
Lobbing a grenade into discussions tends, not surprisingly, to have that effect.
However, merely to redress the balance .....
Perhaps you demand higher standards than me, my old friend. I've flown Ryanair and been entirely content.
The flights arrived on time or early, with one exception beyond Ryanair's control. (The airport had been closed for an hour at my request - for good unavoidable professional reasons - so I was in no position to feel aggrieved about the delayed departure!)
Inflight service was very basic 'no frills' but, considering what the tickets cost, I didn't expect, nor feel entitled to, any frills. The cabin attendants tend to be less 'polished' than (for example) BA but, given BA cabin attendants' famously high earnings, I expect more from them.
Once in 2002 and NEVER again. EVER!!
Perhaps judging any airline by just one flight is rather unfair?
I've had occasional flights with (for example) both BA and Virgin when, given how little we saw of the cabin attendants after meal service and inflight sales, we might have toasted 'absent friends' - had our glasses not been empty for a couple of hours with little prospect of having them filled.

From a neutral observer's perspective -

I realise it's not possible, but it would be interesting to know which contributors to this discussion actually work for Ryanair.
And whether the vitriolic and abusive comments by some here towards those who dare to disagree accurately reflects the atmosphere in discussions of the topic at work. Personal abuse is no substitute for reasoned argument.
Some contributors seem to think that anyone who disagrees with them doesn't understand the issues - on the curious, and rather arrogant, basis that if they did understand they'd agree.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 23rd Jun 2009 at 07:21.