PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 00:45
TheTank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Needed

This is my 1st post although been reading this thread for sometime now. Was just hoping for some advice from any of you experienced chaps out there.

Let me briefly tell you where i'm coming from - nearly 30 yrs old and worked in finance for many yrs (so know all about struggling industries) wish to do something else with my life so thought that trying something i've always wanted to do might be the way to go. i.e Flying... I understand the industry is crap at the mo and could be for a long while, however doing a job you don't have any love for can be a little soul distroying so very keen to get into this as a new career even if its a steep uphill battle.

Anyway..... Got accepted on CTC course after passing the assesment a couple of months back but have had no joy at all in securing the funding as no security. (big surprise hey). So this route is not looking very likely. However in my endless searching i've realised that in canada i could to go from zero hours to fATPL for approx 15-20k (sterling) which i have saved already. I'm a bit low on details at moment but I'm due to visit family in Toronto in the next few weeks and will look into individual schools when there.

..But can anyone advise whether this route (possibly without TR and placement) would be a worthwhile way to go or not??? I'm guessing i'd still need to shell out roughly 25k for TR on top to get any airline job?

Any tips or comments welcome, Possitive or negative

Thanks guys!