PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 00:41
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 9

Today was a much better day, I got a kick up my ass yesterday by my instructor, which made me come home last night and studied all night. And so today I got back on the horse and was out to prove a point to myself.
Again two lessons for the day, both pretty much identical based on navigation.

The first lesson included a expeditious departure, navigating to the correct destination and diverting to the correct designated airfield. Well let’s just say I had a good departure and a good navigation other than I had to make a fairly large correction on my track. But I advised my instructor ahead of time so it would be a valid and calculated change. Arrived at my destination just on time. I then started my diversion leg to an appointed airfield by my instructor. Again I got to my diversion point on time.

On the way back we did some instrument work which just included a climb and turns.

All in all a good flight.

I think at this point I was all excited and was ready for my next flight, my instructor even said that I should calm down but after a day like yesterday. I had something to be excited about.

My second flight of the day was pretty much the same as the morning flight however did not include a diversion. Instead it included engine failures in flight and after take off , slow flight and steep turns. Returned back to do a short field landing,

Really looking to my first day off tomorrow. Cannot wait.