PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S-92 POH request
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 23:54
212man

Received 343 Likes on 192 Posts
The additional benefit of course was the various rotor blades were “drooped” to 70% of their normal landing rpm thereby reducing their erosion by 50%. (I wonder if the math wizards like Matari know how to figure that one out?)
Well, that's just great, but I would humbly, ney hesitate, suggest that the benefit gained in reduced erosion (actually a 51% gain) would be greatly outweighed by the fatigue life damage caused by operating in gross contravention of the RFM (that's the POH for you) limits! That bit isn't quite so great!

I'm still non-the-wiser as to why you can't get a copy of what you need from the owner/operator of the aircrat you are going to fly??? For a start, they won't be using the RFM for the checklist(s) - it's not useable in the cockpit in it's written form and requires interpretation and reformatting to be of use to the crew, so they should be able to furnish those documents quite readily, even if they are unable/unwilling to give you the RFM.

Let us know what you think of it - hey, fly a couple more types before then and you can make the 92 your 92nd type!