PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 23:40
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 8

What a horrible day for me, seemed like everything I touched jjust either broke on me or I had left my brain at home. I personally think it was the latter.Friday had to be the worst day of all while I have been here. Had two lessons on which I underperformed and on top of that I was nervous about my RT licence exam in the afternoon.

Well woke up as normal, had a late night revising. Got to school prepared the a/c for a 0800 deptature, the first of the two lessons included touch and go’s and stalls. The stalls were not a problem just needed to make sure I didn’t get the approach and the final stall configerations mixed up. Which I did. I know im a dumb ass. Lol

However for some reason or the other I just could not for the life off me get the correct approach for landing, I was always either too high or too low, off the centre line or just going around.

I could see my instructor was getting frustrated at me and I don’t blame him he has put so much time and effort into me. I was furious more than anything at myself, I know I don’t have the best landings in the world but these were really bad. Well we got back into the school and debriefed I had to repeat some of the lesson again as part of my afternoon lesson.

My second flight was again just another Navigation and diversion excersice, again same problems as I had the other day a poor deptature, good Navigation and got the wrong airfield again for my diversion. Today just was not my brightest moment. Anyway got back to the school, debriefed with the CFI present as this lesson had to be repeated but thankfully they let me incorporate it in my next lesson.

After that I read my CAP 413 for the third time before going to meet the examiner for my RT. I was exhausted and terrified at this point. Got to the examiners house 10 minutes late, not setting a good example already, however my examiner was absolutely brilliant. No not because he passed me but because, he made me feel at ease and went over things with me clearly, I thought I was taking up all of his time but he really didn’t mind.

Last edited by Kash360; 23rd Jun 2009 at 00:47.