PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 23:38
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 7

Well what can I say, just another day in this boiling heat. I know what your thinking why the hell is this guy moaning, well it’s on average 32 degree Celsius here and when you’re a/c does not have aircon you will feel it.

Well anyway again 2 flight today the usual setup but today is a matter of stepping up to the mark and making every minute count.
The first flight was briefed by my instructor as usual on the things that would be covered in the flight, the first flight involved doing instrument work, I.e. getting used to VOR,ILS,DME,ADF. For some reason I and I don’t know why I kept hitting and missing on getting position fixes, we went back to Fort Pierce and tried to get my instructor to go through it all again including QDM, and QDR’s. I don’t think my instructor was too happy on Thursday, he tried every possible way to make me understand. But I think he was right I was over complicating things. In all honesty im still a bit hazy with it.

If anyone else has the same problem there are a few software programs you can use to help you. One is called RANT and the other is on the Bristol.gs CD.

My second flight of the day was ok it included stalls and spiral turns. Both fairly ok to do. There are three types of stalls you need to perform. The first is the clean configuration stall, it is where you actually take the aircraft into a stall and recover it. The second is a replicating the base to final turn called the approach stall, you need to put the landing gear down and 25 deg of flaps and do a 20 deg turn. And finally the third stalled is called the final stall, used to replicate your final approach. The approach and final stall are only taken to the incipient stall stage.

Spiral turns again ok 45 degree bank must add about 200 rpm to make sure that the nose does not drop.

Don’t think for a second that after your last flight off the day you can go home and relax, there is plenty and I mean plenty of homework to do. Memorizing checklists, going over manoeuvres in your head and reading the pilot operating hand book. KNOW YOUR AIRCARFT!!!

Regarding EFT things are going well, my instructor is great he wont let you get away with anything which is great.

Last edited by Kash360; 23rd Jun 2009 at 00:47.