PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Nervous Flyer Thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 19:28
keltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why didnīt I find this issue before?. I am a fearfull one as well, which can cope with it, and fly. My main concern is weather, probably because I live in a pretty nasty airport in winter with some go rounds in my life.

I had a lightning strike in Venice, so I tend to be quite suspicious when I see cloud in our descend. I normally canīt watch outside, until I see the ground.

I have tried not to see the weather forecasts when I fly, and get a soft reading thing when we get into the coulds to land. I would like to know, if all clouds are the same, if all imply possibility of lightning, or simply if some of them can be as soft as cotton. Imaginery is great tool. I mean, closing your eyes, and thinking in nice enviroments, and of course donīt try to control the plane myself. Donīt hold on the arm seats and let yourself float.

I tend to think, the plane is like a dolphin. It has been design for flying, and turbulences is like going floating on a river. I canīt avoid it 100%, but helps me. I have checked one thing. I am scared days before, fear is less while on board. So I tend to block negative ideas. I have pills sometimes.

I hope it can help. PPrune is just fantastic.....the best forum in the web.