PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please help, OASC Tuesday 28th May
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 11:05
leshodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers, its not that i havent been keeping on top of my current affairs, i was just wondering what the 'hot topics' are likely to be. And whether there was any area i should avoid discussing. Would it pass for me to talk about Operation Condor in the aftermath of Sep 11th for example?! i dont know what sort of knowledge as in depth wise they will expect. I know a lot about ireland but i was discouraged by my CO from talking about it because it is so contentious. Am i also allowed to talk about Sierra Leone? or is that too old news?! What opinion should i formulate, as in, should i side with the Forces everytime, or tell them what i think? (i know theres the whole be yourself, and be honest thing, but i dont wanna go criticising anything if they wont like it). Another thing i wonder if i could discuss, is the 'rise' of the right wing in european politics, or is politics avoided!? Should i talk about the continuing no fly zones over Iraq? And the dreaded biggie of Israel and Palestine. Just a few of the things floating round in my head. Thanks for your feedback!
Lee