PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 15:15
CommandB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Slim Shady - you hit the nail on the head with "consider the wider effects of the action on members of other unions in the UK and Ireland if your campaign proves successful"

Dont believe for one second that MOL wont close down bases in the UK -even STN if he needed too, sack or not fly pilots, 5/2 roster, send pilots away to other bases...etc - just to say "we told you we'd do it."

And even with recognition, do you really think that on that day its achieved MOL/RYR will suddenly change their tune, give everyone a massive payrise, 1st choice of base, nice paid annual leave....etc NO - it will take years of negotiation and incredibly hard times for all involved NOT just pilots. Cabin crew, engineers, ground crew and indirectly - PAX.

If there was an abundance of jobs for people to fall into then fair game, BALPA would have the majority onboard - however in the midst of a recession and severe lack of a job up the front - i very much doubt much will come from the campaign.

Call me a scab or whatever you like, i know RYR is not perfect but i enjoy flying here. Each to their own.

Whilst i very much agree with dignity and respect - this whole thing couldnt have come at a worse time imho.