PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/I's with PPLS
Thread: F/I's with PPLS
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 10:47
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies Icarus for the hurried reply on the way out the door to work this morning

En Garde!

OK, ICARUS, I believe this is what you were referring to.....

.......The proposal also says that there will be a no remuneration prohibition on PPL Instructors. ......
Umm, your post I believe?

Try this....

proposal also says that there will be a "no remuneration" prohibition on PPL Instructors
My bolding.

It is easy to see where one skimming quickly through a post could easily mis-interpret those words, I know, I've done it both on this thread, and on others. It's all in the way you punctuate!

and unscrupulous operators will run flying schools using PPL holders.
Oh sorry, was that in one of YOUR posts?

The....
sets a dangerous legal precendent
Thingie....

As far as I am aware, CASA has rather strict determinations as to what is considered HIRE AND REWARD. A flying training organisation does just that.... IT ACCEPTS MONEY TO TEACH PEOPLE TO FLY.... It doesn't matter if the pilot gets paid or not, if the person who hires the a/c out recieves money for it, then, well it isn't that hard to see that SOMEONE IS MAKING MONEY HERE.... (ie - commercial ops). Now with a bit of a twist on the old grey matter, one can see that it wouldn't be too long before someone else in another part of GA is able to (however obscurely) interpret that if one part of the COMMERCIAL GA INDUSTRY can get away with it, then it must be unlawful for CASA to descriminate against them in their business ops, and they will challenge the ruling..... etc etc.....

Clear as mud, I thought so.... At least CASA is moving with the times and trying to undermine the wages of low paid workers....

Line Check & Training pilots do not always have Instructional skills but have the job by virtue of the much lauded seniority system. Do you have a problem with them Instructing junior pilots?
No problem, most C+T guys (yes and even some CP's), have many thousands of hours MORE THAN your average run of the mill PPL. This has nil relevance to what I was trying to say, however badly.

At present glider pilots are taught by other pilots usually for free, driving instruction is available from family members, friends or professional instructors
Oh boy. When was the last time you saw people (ie - paying pax), getting moved from one place to another in the air by glider? Nice red herring. Nil bities here though.

And lastly....
I am pretty happy with my understanding of Asymmetric issues in light twins
Fabtastic, another happy pilot in his/her day to day job, good one. There are also more than a few people who have flown with many ATO's as well. The issue and point of that prior thread may have been assy dec. hts, but as far as I remember, you got up someone whose point you had missed completely, and personally attacked him for your own misunderstanding of what he was trying to portray.

Yes we are all fallible, myself included.

Beer?