PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 11:29
altogethernow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried reading your post alibaba but you are all over the place.

Let's get back to basics:

It seems to me that Ryanair have made sham findings of gross misconduct against this captain and proceeded to unfairly dismiss him.

The sham findings appear to be discrimination against and deliberate victimisation against a respected employee with a penchant for promoting the union.

Such matters are very easily dealt with at the Employment Tribunal. The law is written for exactly this kind of stuff. I imagine that if it goes to a hearing, the Employment judge will quite quickly tire and warn Ryanair that if they persist in arguing safety in a case which plainly is about nothing of the kind, then costs will be awarded against them if they are found to be abusing the Tribunal system in the same way they abuse staff, abuse accepted disciplinary procedures and abuse the law itself.

The rest is rot and plenty of it. It's obvious pilots barely talk to each other and most just accept they are in harness during working hours like blinkered horses head down before the plough.

Not this captain though. He has his life under his own terms. A bit of a challenge at the moment, for sure. What is it you others think you have?