PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - series pass
Thread: series pass
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2009, 09:24
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fully agree with Whirls - if you can't pass the 14 exams within the 6 sittings/four attempts rule then you really should be questioning your aptitude/attitude/whether you really want to do this.

In answer to "does it matter"? I don't know the answer but would bet large sums of money that the value placed on your theory results and series passes varies hugely from employer to employer. I know for a fact, for one, that Ryanair ask to see your original ATPL exam results notification sheets....you may have awkward questions as to why you failed (if you did) - but clearly I can't say whether or not one or more failed ATPL subjects would effectively be a bar on employment there...only Ryanair HR could do that.

The overall point is though, there is no reason to fail any ATPL subjects....there is more than enough excellent training and feedback available that you shouldn't be in that position. Of course anyone can fail one of the harder subjects - partic gen nav and met - but I don't see much excuse for multiple failures if you really have the drive to do this career...