PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 23:29
Nick_Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with any info pls

I'm not military background, this is really just a request for information if at all possible.
My dad was a navigator in the Raf and flew in the SAC bombing competition in the seventies in a vulcan, he then moved onto phantoms and was unfortunately killed in a training accident in 1978. I have spoken to a couple of ex RAF guys to find out a bit more about him, as the information I have prior to those conversations was sketchy to say the least.
Does anyone have any pictures of the actual Vulcan used, my dad or any stories at all of base activities or even just of memories that can all help me to keep building on the information I have of my dad.

His name was Chris Meade, I have already spoken to Geoff Coop who was part of the aircrew who took part in the succesful SAC comp.

The point of asking this question now 30 years after my dad's death, is to know him better so i can let my kids know about him.
Any help or information given, no matter how seemingly insignificant - is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Nick