PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 20:10
wes_wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The comments on what has been recovered is interesting, but what is more interesting is – what has not been found. I have not seen many seats, seat cushions, personal effects, clothing, carry on items, cargo items and/or baggage, the myriad of paper items which are carried on the airplane, galley stores, and the list goes on. All this leads me to believe that the airplane entered the water mostly intact. This is further supported by the lack of a large debris field. Had there been a catastrophic failure at altitude, one could expect a long trail of items floating on the surface. To my knowledge, this has not been the case.

The discovery of the L2_R2 galley in good condition, along with the lav door, the FA seats, the defibrillator, could indicate a failure of the fuselage upon contact with the water. Other than the VS, it seems most of the items recovered have come from around the L2 interior and exterior section. The airplane could be in two separate parts which could account for some of these items retrieved in good condition.