PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - puzzles and mysteries
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 18:21
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/....Not sure the reasons behind selling the J seats as Y, you may have just been lucky but hey, dont knock it! LOL! BA occassionaly use First seats for J on certain routes when a 4 class 777 ends up on a route normally plied by a higher capacity 3 class!

2/....Doha airport is a sh1t hole and always has been regardless of how many extensions they put on the thing. However if you think it is bad now you should have seen it 4 years ago. Qatar Airways has expanded far too fast for the airport to cope. When I worked for the airline between 2002 and 2003 there was always enough space for the aircraft to park on the stands immediately adjacent to the terminal on the terminal side of the runway. The area where you parked was then occupied by the USAF anyways. But dont worry, a brand new airport to mirror that of HKG is being constructed just to the north of the current airport. NDIA

3/....AVOD is only as good as the mechanics that service it and the crew that are using it. If either of the two screw up then its no movies for you I am afraid! It is a brilliant system when it does work but on just about every flight (now my current airline uses the Rockwell Collins AVOD system which I personally think is rubbish) there are always at least half a dozen seats that will have something wrong with them!!! The problem is that AVOD is now part of the customers expectations and failure to install it may mean failure to attract any passengers from the competition!

4/....I was very unfortunate to be one of the crew that operated the very first long haul flight on QRs A319's and I must admit it was not received well by the passengers. Having said that the service was better and it is economical! If QR did not have that A319 they may not be on the GVA route as it is just too thin to operate a daily widebody service! BA are about to launch a A318 transatlantic operation....albeit in an all business class config!LOL!

Hope those answer a few of your qualms! I personally would never pay to fly Qatar as although I loved my time down there, I dont agree with its treatment of its employees or its managements leader! But lets not make this a political post! LOL!