PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 17:34
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to make the car parks cheaper, get a better rail service, get a more comfortable bus, tart the terminal up a bit (ok have to wait and see what happens with the conservatory), properly staff security to make the passage through the airport quick an easy and then publicise it, heavily and often. Make people look at CWL first, remind them how much it costs to drive to BRS, how awful their road is, how much the bridge costs, they haven't even got rail access, and get the services CWL has got running at a healthy profit for the airlines. THEN they will come with more. CWL will never get a comprehensive european flight network BUT it might just get enough to make it more than the gateway to Benidorm. The airlines can't afford to run this type of campaign and the airport can't, in my opinion, afford not to. QED.
(hope you don't mind the bold type emphasis Mr/Ms Visual)

is this not what we were telling the airport mis-management
some 10 yrs ago now....?!

some never learn, as I see it the only thing cwl management have ever done is sit on their backsides and assume the airlines will do it all for them...., while raising charges so far as to make start-up operations from cwl unprofitable unless one first obtains euro 1 funding..
(I know btw, that in their last year of operations at CWL charges to British Regional/Manx were increased by 300%)

ttfn