PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/I's with PPLS
Thread: F/I's with PPLS
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 08:13
SKC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the need to raise the bar, not lower it. That's the problem with the CASA proposal. While there aer plenty of very professional and experienced PPL holders out there, instructing should be a commercial operation, that is instructors should be paid for their service. The CASA proposal reiterates that PPL holders will not be renumerated.

The idea of allowing PPL holders to be instructors can only lead to the eventual elimination of instructing as a career, as new CPL qualified instructors will not be able to justify starting as an instructor. It will downgrade the quality of the whole industry. It's bad enough that there are instructors out there with 200 hrs who dont give a f*** about their students.

CASA needs to raise the standards of the instructor rating, maybe also the experience level, although i tend to think that 300 hours of worthwile experience doing the right thing is better than 700 hours of experience doing the wrong thing. And I know quite a few pilots more experienced in terms of hours than I who are s***house when it comes to safe flying. Its the same as age discrimination, why pick on someone because of their lack of years, it should be based on the ability to do the task.

OK i'll shut up now.