PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine quit late downwind at Bankstown 6/6/09
Old 21st Jun 2009, 13:50
Cloud Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant On.

I love the Monday morning quarterbacks here who are tearing this poor guy apart, who just happened to make a successful forced landing and he and his one or two pax walked away from it.

Yeah all you Chuck Yeagers and Bob Hoovers may have done a better job, but the people are safe. Some on here have a go at this guy and then admit they have never even flown from Bankstown! You say that he should have put it in a more suitable area and don't know the surrounding. Perhaps short of the runway WAS the most suitable area.

Instead of ripping this guy a new one for surviving a forced landing and successfully and safely getting out and maybe the aircraft is even useable again (I don't know I can't tell from the vid), how about a little praise for a job well done and give the guy a break

Yeah there may have been some Luck involved, but the fact he walked away from it and the aircraft is upright is a hell of a lot more that luck. I love it how some people here base their huge knowledge of this incident on two crappy videos on the internet. You should all be ashamed to call yourself fellow aviators with the way you have treated this guy here. Yep I am sure everyone of you would have been able to put this down on a factory roof, or suburban street missing all people, cars, power poles, schools etc and then walked away with the aircraft being largely intact. Good job all you knockers. I wish I was as good as you blokes, a lot of whom have never even been tested in a real situation like this I am sure.

I was always taught you can't argue with success and if this isn't the epitome of a successful forced landing then I don't know what is. It may not have been pretty but last time I looked you son't get points for pretty in a real forced landing.

Rant off. I return you to your regular cr&p tearing someone else a new As&#ole

CB

P.S. Wouldn't know the pilot from a bar of soap in case anyone was thinking it might be me (bit hard as I am in the States at the moment!) or a friend of mine.