PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuji Dream, J-Air,etc.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 11:42
GoForIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PARC may sit in on the interview (the PARC rep will ask them), but they don't do any interviewing. They will arrive at your hotel a half hour early to kind of brief you on what is going to happen. In my interview, there was one rep from Embraer. He was a really cool guy, Brazilian guy who grew up in California. The PARC rep told me that not all the interviews included a rep from Embraer, but your contract will be with Embraer Asia Pacific, so I suspect they want a say in who is hired. When I had trouble answering a question or making sense of a question, it seemed to be the Embraer guy who was trying to help me through it. There will be one guy from J-Air HR, and then 3 more guys who appear to be retired JAL guys. Nice guys, all of them.

There aren't too many technical questions in the panel interview, but I do recall them asking about how to conserve fuel. I guess they ask that of everyone. They ask some questions about how much you know about Japan, and why you might want to live there. Do you have any Japanese friends? Stuff intended to find out if you are really going to want to live in Japan. That seemed to be a big part of it. They asked if I would want to be a commuter or non-commuter. While I was answering questions, they were going through my logbooks and passport with a fine tooth comb, and asked some questions about them.

In the final analysis, I think the Sim ride is the big deal in the interview. Just relax and be yourself for the interview part. It really didn't last very long.

GoForIt